Saturday, April 3, 2010

Homemade laundry detergent

I keep being reminded how much money is being spent on doing laundry. As if the detergent was pricey enough just throw in the softener and whew!

I have tried a few of these homemade laundry recipes with great success. I have not tried the vinegar yet in the rinse cycle. From what I have read it works really well.

I use Phel's Naptha for the bars and instead of hand grating mine I found an old manual flour grinder that does the trick. It really is an easy process and can save a ton of money. Not to mention, it's probably better on washer and clothing.

2 comments:

Pam on April 10, 2010 at 10:42 AM said...

I made my own laundry detergent for the past couple of years. Now I miss it, since we changed to a washer that requires HE detergent. I still have plenty of ingredients..may make up some batches to give away!

Julie on April 12, 2010 at 3:22 PM said...

That's a great idea. I wonder if you could make a special formula for HE?
I have tons too so maybe i will make some to giveaway :-)

Post a Comment