Friday, February 26, 2010

Dave Ramsey Baby Step 1

So, I am going to try to turn a leaf this year and go with Dave's plan. We all know that the future is uncertain for many including my family. I will be posting the steps in Dave Ramsey's plan that really are not hard to understand and make complete sense.

I have a long way to go in my learning and applying!

Step 1 – $1,000 to start an Emergency Fund.

Emergency funds are quite possibly one of the most important things you can do for yourself financially. You never know when you will need quick access to several hundred, or even a couple thousand dollars to deal with a car repair or a quick plane ride to visit family who live far away. An emergency fund will give you the funds to take care of these expenses as they arrive, and help you stay out of debt.

I am finding this first step not only the hardest but key. If you don't have the money set aside for emergencies (which will happen) then it either puts financial strain at an all time high or starts the snowball rolling of more debt.

More to come tomorrow...

0 comments:

Post a Comment